One of the ways successful entrepreneurs scale their businesses is by creating systems to help staff deal with recurring situations within their daily operations. A system is nothing more than a set of procedures according to which a task is completed; an organized scheme or method.
Once learned by staff, systems become habitual, standard, and easy to repeat. The use of systems reduces common employee errors and minimizes the need for management oversight of daily functions… otherwise known as “micromanagement.” Systems will also make your team more efficient and actually scale your workforce, reducing the need for more staff.
Systems can be applied to every part of a business from accounting to customer service. In many cases, the use of an online tool can help to automate systems. These days you can find a digital tool for almost any business operation. A few of my favorites are:
- https://www.zendesk.com for customer service
- www.Hootsuite.com for digital communications management
- https://www.activecampaign.com for email marketing
- www.asana.com for project management
- www.harvest.com for team organization and time tracking
- Bill.com for accounts receivable and accounts payable automation and management
Below are some articles you can read about developing systems for your business:
- How To Create Business Systems That Will Automate And Streamline Business Growth
- Develop Your Business Systems and Procedures
For more reading recommendations, or to discuss other entrepreneurial tips and tools, contact Harvard Grace Corporation at email@example.com.